When you share files on Digify, your files go through a thorough copy protection process and AES-256 encryption that makes your file safe for sharing online. On top of that, you can set some security settings permissions depending on how you intend your files to be used by recipients. Upon sharing, your recipients will then be able to access your files on any browser via the secure Digify file viewer.
Digify lets you securely share and protect your files online including images, pdf, MS office files, videos and private notes. See complete list of supported file formats
Visit the pricing page for the file size limit depending on your plan.
To get started, log in to Digify and go to Send Files on the left section.
- Select a file to share. You can select from your computer or from your Dropbox, Google Drive or Box. Note that you can only use one file source per share. If you want to send a message or a note instead, you can use Private Notes.
2. Choose your security settings
- Access: Decide whom you want to share your file with.
If you want to share your file publicly, choose Anyone with the link.
If you are sharing your file with a specific person or group, choose Only people I specify and you can invite recipients through their email address.
If you are sending an image or a PDF file (up to 25 MB), you can choose to re-encrypt it with your own passkey (works like password protection) using Anyone with the passkey option.
- Permissions: Set permissions on whether to allow or restrict your recipients to download and print your files. If download is not allowed, you’ll have an option to allow them to print the files or not. If download is allowed, print is automatically allowed.
- Watermark: Use a watermark if you want to brand your file or simply emphasize the confidentiality of the information you are sharing. For a more secure and professional experience, your recipient’s email address will automatically show in the watermark itself. You can then customize the text, size and color of the watermark according to your needs. See how the Digify watermark works.
- Expiry: If you wish to limit how much time your recipients have to access your file, you can choose to self-destruct your file minutes or hours after it is opened or expire it on a certain date and time.
Note: Some of these options are paid features and only available for Pro, Team, Enterprise and Trial users. Refer to our pricing page for the full feature comparison.
3. Send an invitation email via Digify or get a secure link to your file that share with your recipients directly.
You will receive an email notification as soon as your recipients view your file and, depending on your share settings, if they printed or downloaded it. Find the complete file statistics in your Sent items.
Click here if you want a tour. We’ve prepared a test file to show you how to send a file in Digify.