Team Admins can invite or remove members to or from a team anytime via the Account Menu > Team Settings.
Inviting New Members To Your Team
Under the Team Settings,
- Go to the Members tab > Invite.
2. Enter the email address of the person you’d like to invite. One email address at a time.
3. Select whether you want the invitee to join as a Member or as an Admin.
4. Click Invite to send.
Invited team members will be added to the Pending Invites, where you can find the option to resend or revoke an invitation. Send this guide to your invited members to help them get started.
Once new team members or admins accept your invitation, they will be added to the List tab. In this tab, you can see your member’s usage and access level.
These new members will then be able to create their own data rooms and/or be invited to existing data rooms where they can be assigned as co-owners. (Note that team members don’t automatically gain access to other team members’ data rooms. They have to first be invited to the specific data room.)
How Many Members Can You Invite To The Team
The number of team members you can invite depends on the number of users included in your plan. If you wish to increase your user count, you can do so by going to Admin tab > Billing.
If you need help inviting a large group of coworkers, please contact us.
Removing Members From Your Team
Team Admins can find all the existing team members and admins under Team Settings > Member > List. In this tab, you will also see your member’s usage and access level. As a team admin, you also have an option to reset their password.
To remove members or other admins from your team,
- Look for the member or admin that you want to remove from the list
- Click on the delete icon (x) to remove the member
Things To Note Before You Can Remove Members From Your Team
In order to remove a specific member or admin from the team, the user should first be removed as an owner or co-owner of any data rooms. If the specific member that you’re removing is
- An existing owner of any data room, they can follow the steps here on how to transfer the ownership of the data room to an existing Co-Owner. As soon as the data room ownership has been transferred, you can proceed to remove the specific member from the team.
- An existing co-owner of any data room, the corresponding owner of the specific data room has to first remove the specific member from being a co-owner of any data room. After that, you can then remove the specific member from the team.
Note that you can remove accounts of members or fellow admins but you will not be able to remove yourself from the team.
If you want to remove yourself from the team where you are an admin, you will have to invite a new team admin first. The other team admin can then remove you from the team.
Deleted accounts will be removed from the team and reassigned to the free plan. If you deleted a team member’s account by mistake, you can re-invite them and they will be added back to the list as soon as they accept your invitation.